RENFREW FC moved eight points clear of the relegation zone after a 3-3 draw with Yoker on Saturday before a 1-0 win at Irvine Meadow on Monday night.

Paddy O’Keefe netted the winner at Meadow Park to give Frew a comfortable cushion to the bottom four teams in the Super League First Division.

Colin Clark and Martin Ferry’s men played out a six-goal thriller with Yoker Athletic at New Western Park on Saturday.

Renfrew took the lead after only 90 seconds when the visiting defence failed to deal with a short corner which allowed striker Scott Morton time and space to fire low past Wilson in the Whe-Ho goal.

Full-back John Harvey was first to try his luck for the visitors, his drive from 30 yards brought a fine stop from Dale Burgess. From the resulting corner Burgess made another save from Andy Campbell’s header, but Kerr Allan was on hand to nod home the equaliser from close range.

Yoker’s Michael Bailey was forced off injured and was replaced by Mark McManus.

McManus was to have the next big impact on the game when he got on the end of an Andy Rankin cross just before half-time to give the visitors the lead. Renfrew came out strongly after the break with the front pairing of Zok and Morton looking ever more lively.

Frew defender Kieran Healy almost levelled with a header from a Jamie Benton corner before Zok did level things up on 67 minutes when his overhead kick looped over Wilson.

Morton then put the hosts in front when an unfortunate slip by Whe-Ho defender Richard Henry allowed him space to pick his spot before he drilled home.

The lead didn’t last long though as Ryan Hynes made it 3-3 with an excellent header from a Kurtis Roberts cross.

Both sides were now chasing a winner and had Hynes’s pass been better, substitute David Ramsey would have had a magnificent chance to put Yoker back in front.

Renfrew’s best chance to win it saw Benton’s low drive from close range superbly stopped by Wilson before Harvey’s header in stoppage time hit the woodwork at the other end.