THOMAS Cook passengers unable to travel to and from Glasgow Airport have spoken out after being left in limbo as the travel giant went bust.

More than 150,000 Brits have been left stranded abroad awaiting repatriation after Thomas Cook ceased trading following an unsuccessful last-ditch rescue deal.

They now face the "UK's largest ever peacetime repatriation" after failing to secure the extra £200 million needed to keep the business afloat.

Now, passengers in Glasgow Airport, and others hoping to return, have revealed their experiences after the news.

Jim Hatton, 61, has been suffering "sleepless" nights over fears of the collapse, which left him stuck in Menorca.

The Helensburgh man has began pursuing emergency steps to get critical medical supplies, as he only has heart medication for a couple more days.

The retired chartered engineer is now waiting among huge queues in the airport for his replacement flight to Glasgow.

He told PA: "My wife and I have mobility problems and take a lot of meds for pain relief and other conditions. We made provision for a couple of days extra but if we had been delayed longer some vital heart medication I take for an arrhythmia would have run out.

"We had plans to visit a doctor locally to try to get a prescription but we were told it would be OK.

"Last night was sleepless, I was watching news feeds constantly. I think I fell asleep for an hour or so, but I was watching all the Thomas Cook aircraft heading for the UK on the FlightRadar app knowing that an announcement would only be made once most of the aircraft were home."

Have you been affect? Get in touch or call 0141 435 8806. 

But he added: "Thomas Cook staff are highly visible and helping with the repatriation process. One lovely lady said she has been working for Thomas Cook for 43 years. Now she doesn't know what she's going to do."

Garry McCallum had been due to depart from Dalaman in Turkey to his home in Glasgow on Monday evening.

The 42-year-old had been on a short trip with his wife Eliza in Hisaronu when news emerged that Thomas Cook had collapsed and flights had been cancelled.

He said he will just be "relieved to get home" after managing to organise another flight, although he expects to get back to Scotland about nine hours later than planned.

Mr McCallum said: "I was always checking the situation, but with no control over it what can you do?

"If there had been no information released by the Civil Aviation Authority today then I would've definitely panicked.

"My flight only takes off roughly 50 minutes later than the original Thomas Cook flight, but of course I need to go to Birmingham and then transferred from there.

"There are a few incidents in the hotel at the moment with staff looking for remainders of accommodation costs to be settled.

"Still, I'll only relax fully when I'm on that plane."

Paul McLennan was supposed to fly to Orlando in Florida from Glasgow on Monday morning.

He told BBC Radio's Good Morning Scotland programme: "I booked in yesterday and was told everything was OK then we came up (to the airport) this morning and got this.

"I've got no idea what we are going to do now. This has been booked for nearly two years so to say I'm scunnered is an understatement."

Karen McMinn said she had been left "stuck in a Travelodge" after believing her Thomas Cook holiday would go ahead as planned.

She had been due to fly out with her partner from Glasgow to Menorca, Spain on Monday morning before learning the company had collapsed.

Now she is trying to organise a last-minute holiday somewhere else or face travelling home to Dumfries.

The 43-year-old clerical officer said: "We were told to travel as usual then there was nobody at the airport, no information either - disgrace. We checked their website yesterday and they said everything was going as planned.

"They should have told people what was really happening. I honestly don't know what to say - we're trying to find another holiday tomorrow or a way home."

Milea Leone only became aware her return from her holiday with sisters in Mallorca, Spain, was cancelled through social media.

She had been due to fly back to Glasgow on Monday morning and arrive at around 12pm, but now faces a diversion to Birmingham before a coach journey back north of the border.

It has added around nine hours onto her travel time.

Ms Leone said: "Everyone seems very confused. We are waiting to check in with our new flight due to leave at 10.30am to Birmingham rather than Glasgow.

"There isn't much communication going on - I'm glad that I'm still able to get back to the UK at least.

"I was annoyed. I only found out on social media.

"My flight tracker said the flight was going so I'm glad I checked social media."

Have you been affect? Get in touch or call 0141 435 8826.