A LINWOOD mum has been jailed for dealing deadly drugs to kids as young as 13.

Aileen McIntyre sold Diclazepam and Etizolam, which is known as ‘the blue plague’ and has been linked to a number of deaths, to three children.

She gave the youngsters – a 13-year-old girl and two boys aged 13 and 15 – a bag containing 25 pills for £10.

McIntyre, 44, handed over the drugs after the kids approached her in a lane and asked for Valium.

She told them not to take the drugs all at once but they downed eight pills each at a leisure centre – and the two younger children had to be rushed to hospital.

The details first emerged last month when mum-of-three McIntyre appeared in the dock at Paisley Sheriff Court for a pre-trial hearing.

She struck a deal to plead guilty to one charge in exchange for four others being dropped.

McIntyre admitted culpably or recklessly supplying the children with drugs, leading to them being hospitalised, on July 27 this year.

Procurator fiscal depute David McDonald said she initially expressed concern that the children were “too young” but then sold them the pills.

The children, who can’t be named for legal reasons, met up with friends but an ambulance was called for the 13-year-old boy due to his behaviour and appearance.

The court was told the girl was later found “curled up and unresponsive” in a bed and an ambulance was called while officers tried to rouse her.

She was also taken to hospital to be assessed, while officers traced the 15-year-old boy, who was checked over by paramedics.

McIntyre was traced and, when cautioned and charged, she asked: “Are the kids okay?”

Later that day, both teens were released from hospital.

Defence solicitor Rhona Lynch said McIntyre was haunted by childhood trauma and had been diagnosed by a prison psychiatrist as suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Ms Lynch added: “She deeply regrets the foolish, spur of the moment decision she made on the day in question to supply the drugs to these children.”

Sheriff Tom McCartney jailed McIntyre for 22 months, reduced from 28 months due to her guilty plea.

The sentence was backdated to October 20, which was when she was first remanded in custody.

He told her: “The gravity of this case is such that only a prison sentence is appropriate.”

Read all the latest from Renfrewshire and beyond