A DRUG dealer who supplied pills that killed a teenage girl has been jailed after he was caught with cocaine by savvy police officers.

Lewis Reid, of Kilbarchan Road, Bridge of Weir, had gone to Paisley police station to report that he had lost £700 of his drug money – and thought it had been stolen.

But officers became suspicious and checked his car, which was parked at the Lagoon Leisure Centre.

During the search, they recovered cocaine and scales covered in white powder.
Reid, 22, was locked up for 10 months when he appeared in the dock at Paisley Sheriff Court earlier this month for sentencing.

The court was told Reid visited the police station shortly before 7am on the day in question.

He claimed he had lost or had a stash of cash stolen while his car was parked outside a supermarket at the Silverburn shopping mall.

But cops pulled him aside after he began acting erratically.

They found bags containing cocaine and gear for separating and measuring hits when they spotted his car after leaving the station.

Reid admitted his guilt over the case in February this year, just weeks after admitting a revenge porn offence involving an ex-girlfriend.

He had shared a video of her showering on the social media app Snapchat – with the caption ‘4 laughs.’

Reid was supposed to be sentenced over the drugs case in March but failed to turn up at court and a warrant was issued for his arrest.

Earlier this month, he returned to the dock to be sentenced for the drugs case, originally failing to appear for sentencing and breaching a Community Payback Order imposed on him over the revenge porn offence.

Sheriff James Spy told him: “You’ve been overtaken by other events and I intend to simply draw a line under these matters.”

He jailed Reid for six months for the drugs case and a further four months for the revenge porn offence and ordered the sentences to be consecutive, meaning a combined total of 10 months’ jail time.

The “other events” the sheriff referred to includes a Kilmarnock Sheriff Court case where it emerged Reid had sold the ecstasy that killed 16-year-old Chelsea Bruce.

The court heard that Ms Bruce took drugs at a house in Springburn before falling unconscious and being taken by ambulance to Glasgow Royal Infirmary, where she died.

Read all the latest from Renfrewshire and beyond