EMERGENCY services rushed to a property in Johnstone after a tumble-drier caught fire.

Concerned residents watched as four fire engines put out flames at a building at Hawthorn Avenue.

The incident took place on Wednesday, January 3 at around 5.30pm.

A woman was rushed to the Royal Alexandra Hospital for treatment.

A Scottish Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service was alerted to a fire within a two storey property at 5.34pm on Wednesday, January 3.

“Operations Control mobilised four appliances to Hawthorn Avenue, Johnstone, where firefighters used powerful water jets to extinguish the fire.

“One casualty was treated at the scene before being passed into the care of the Scottish Ambulance Service and transported to Paisley’s Royal Alexandra Hospital.

“Crews left the scene after ensuring the area had been made safe.”