ABERDEEN beat St Mirren 2-1 on a wild afternoon in Paisley. 

Goals either side of half time from Stevie May, a penalty, and Sam Cosgrove gave the Dons all three points. 

Midfielder Cammy MacPherson equalised for the home side but it wasn't to be for Oran Kearney and Saints who remain bottom of the table.

The Northern Irishman's outfit hosted Aberdeen looking to get off the bottom of the table after their loss to Livingston. To make matters worse, 10 men Dundee’s draw with Rangers left the Saints propping up the rest in the Scottish Premiership. 

Meanwhile the Dons boss Derek McInnes brought his side to Paisley, hoping for back to back victories after coming from 2-1 down to beat Livingston in midweek, thanks to a 92nd minute Lewis Ferguson overhead kick.

The visitors controlled the ball in the early stages. However Simeon Jackson was denied a one on one with Joe Lewis, on eight minutes, by an offside flag. 

Sam Cosgrove then screwed a speculative shot wide for Aberdeen.

Ryan Edwards almost got in behind for Saints on 24 minutes. Simeon Jackson's through ball was just intercepted before the Australian could get a strike away.

Debut home goalkeeper Dean Lyness was then at full stretch to turn away Niall McGinn's free kick. 

But Stevie May would put the Dons ahead from the resulting corner.

Alfie Jones fouled Andy Considine in the box and May slotted away the spot kick on 29 minutes. 

Saints would ensure the sides went in level at half time. Cammy MacPherson bringing down Adam Hammill's free kick and finishing past Lewis five minutes later.

Dean Lyness kept Saints in it seven minutes into second half. The keeper gets two hands to Stevie May's goal bound effort.

Aberdeen would retake the lead on the hour mark. Andy Considine's header came back off the bar after a free kick but the rebound was converted by Sam Cosgrove. 

Cosgrove could have made sure of the points on 83 minutes when his shot was gathered by Lyness but Aberdeen saw out the win. 

Afterwards St Mirren boss Oran Kearney said: "I think we just about done enough to get something out of the game. We showed a bit of character.

"I wouldn't say it was a dubious penalty. There's contact at every corner. I haven't seen it back but live I wasn't 100% convinced. I thought we had our best 10 minutes after that."