ST MIRREN had to settle for a share of the spoils as the Buddies drew with Hearts in Paisley, writes Kyle Gunn

It was a case of history repeating itself in many ways from last weekend’s game with Hamilton for Jim Goodwin.

Saints had keeper Vaclav Hladky to thank for a second clean sheet in a row but once again couldn’t turn one point into three and add to three league goals so far this season, despite Tony Andreu having a strike chopped off for offside in the first half.

Craig Levein must be cursing his injury luck at the moment. Centre half Craig Halkett, who looks to have sustained a serious knee problem, and midfielder Loic Damour had to both come off in the first 45 minutes.

The visitors had good chances through Christophe Berra in the first half and Steven MacLean in the second but could not follow up last weekend’s Edinburgh derby victory and their midweek penalty shootout win at home to Aberdeen in the League Cup quarter-final.

Goodwin’s men welcomed Hearts to Paisley, looking for a first win since the second game of the seaso after last weekend’s goalless stalemate against ten men Hamilton.

The first real chance fell for the hosts on 12 minutes, Andreu got free down the right and played in Durmus who missed his kick at the vital moment.

Magennis was next to try his luck ten minutes later before Andreu had an effort ruled out for offside after a late flag from Douglas Ross.

Hearts, who had been forced into two first half changes after injuries to Halkett and Damour, had a fair amount of possession without doing much. 

The visitors could have taken the lead when sub Berra’s volley at corner was superbly saved by Hladky and the teams went into the break goalless.

There wasn’t much in the way of second half chances, the most clear of those probably falling to the visitors and Steven MacLean.

The veteran former St Johnstone front man got to a Uche Ikpeazu flick on but couldn’t convert with 15 minutes remaining as the game ended scoreless on a frustrating day for Jim Goodwin's side.